Human Resources



Q: Must I complete an online application? Can I send in a paper applications and resumes?
A: To be considered for available positions, you must complete application. If you send a resume, you will be contacted by our office asking you to fill out an application. When our administrators and principals screen applicants for openings, they do so based on the information provided to them. Resumes are a great tool to assist you during your job hunt. 

Q: Who do I contact for help with the online application?
A: For assistance with the application process, please contact Human Resources at (260)327-2677 ext. 1002 or 1006.

Q: Who do I contact for information about working as substitute teacher or assistant?
A: Whitko Community Schools has partnered with PCMI/willSub to fill our substitute staffing needs.  This change will officially begin on April 4, 2016

  • You will interact with PCMI/willSub as your employer for all matters related to the processes of human resources and payroll, instead of the district as you have been accustomed to in the past. 
  • You will also be utilizing willSub, an online sub placement and calling system to pick up jobs rather than receiving calls from the school corporation.
  • You will have the ability to work 5 days per week, if you choose.
  • You will be able to select the classes, teachers and days you would like to work.
  • You should notice no differences as it relates to your pay, job responsibilities, expectations, or the school personnel you presently interact with while on assignment.

For assistance with your application, please contact PCMI customer service at:

Q: Who do I contact for information about employee health benefits?

A: For employee health benefits questions, please contact Brenda Haywood or Michelle Babcock at (260)327-3677.

Q: Who do I contact if I have payroll questions?
A: For payroll questions, please contact Brenda Haywood, Payroll Coordinator at (260)327-3677 ext. 1002.

Q: How do I renew my teaching license?
A: For information on license renewal with graduate credit, please contact your university. For information on renewing your license, go the the Office of Licensing and Development at for more information.

Q: To be employed by Whitko Community Schools, do I need an expanded criminal history check?
A: Yes, Whitko Community Schools and the State of Indiana require each employee to have a criminal history on file. The expanded criminal history is completed upon hire. The State of Indiana also requires that the expense of the criminal history be consumed by the employee. (Indiana Code 20-26-5-10).  To complete your criminal background check, click here

Q: Are criminal history/sex offender histories required for volunteers?
A: Yes, every person who has contact with students must have criminal history report on file. This includes, but is not limited to, anyone who volunteers in the school, attends field trips, or assists with extra curricular events, etc. Every school has authorization and expectation forms available in the office.