Always wanted to lend a hand to Whitko?
Interested in Community Service? Here is your chance!
Whitko Community Schools has an opening for the School Board District 2 position starting January 1, 2016 filling a term (due to a resignation) that will run through December 30, 2016. District 2 elections are in November of 2016.
Interested candidates must be: a resident of either Jackson Township in Kosciusko County or Richland Township in Whitley County for the past year; a resident of Indiana for 2 years; and must be at least 21 years of age.
No petition or election process is held since this is a mid-term vacancy
1. Interested parties send their letter of intent and/or candidates fill out the application and return it to the Superintendent’s office.
2. The Board meets in executive session to determine the candidates to interview
3. The Board interviews prospective candidates in a special (public) meeting
4. The Board votes on the candidate (in a Regular meeting or Special organizational meeting).
The following link contains the application and helpful information.
Please return the completed application and Board Candidate Packet page to:
Whitko Community School Corporation / 710 N. SR 5 - Suite B / Larwill, IN 46764
Employment OpportunitiesWhitko Community Schools is currently seeking applications for Certified & Non-certified Substitutes, Part-time Custodian, and Substitute Bus Drivers. Check the Employment Menu for details.
Here are the 2015-16 Board Goals for Whitko
• Marketing – In an effort to share with our community the amazing academic and athletic achievements of our students and staff, the Board will review and revise their Marketing/Communication Plan by November 1st and implement the plan throughout the year.
• Achievement – We will strive to ensure every student will achieve at their maximum level through our diverse learning opportunities. Whitko has the following programming and offerings for our students: Dual Credit, Advanced Placement, Technical Education, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), PLTW (Project Lead the Way) at all grade levels, Learning Commons environments in the elementary schools, High Ability Programming grades K-12, 1-1 computer technology, Google Classroom, social media communications, award winning Art and Music programming, and a full complement of athletic programs and extra-curricular clubs.
• Financial Stability
In order to provide the most appropriate, well maintained and effective educational environment for our students and do it in the most fiscally appropriate manner, The Board will, by the end of the 2015-2016 school year, have in place a 5 year Financial Plan that is necessary to carry out the instructional programs for our children.
View our latest construction videos, click here!
Upcoming Board Meeting:
October 19, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Location : Whitko Middle School - Lecture Room
Textbook Rental Fees are due!!!!
Please visit E-Funds for convenient online payments or contact your school for payment options!
Notifications for delays and closings,
Follow us on,